Related Searches Sidebar - How to remove?
What is Related Searches Sidebar?
Related Searches Sidebar is an annoying popup that can interrupt your work when you are doing some search online, using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. It can start showing up after you have installed some free player or another free application from the Internet. Although Related Searches Sidebar is not a virus, it is related to another potentially unwanted program – Topic Torch, which is known for displaying tons of ads and advertising numerous commercial websites.
Both of the programs do not require users’ permission to be installed. Although you can avoid them, if you act more cautious with your downloads, most of the users do not pay enough attention to the installation steps of various software from the Internet and end up having to deal with these annoying ads. Related Searches Sidebar can be tracked before it is added to your browser if you follow the installation steps carefully. Usually you have to deselect an option to install it, otherwise, the program is downloaded automatically.
Once inside, it will be appearing every time you browse the Internet. Related Searches Sidebar will be displaying random adds full of commercial links that can take you to unsafe pages. Most of the promotions are marked as “brought by Topic Torch”. You should never click on these ads if you don’t want to deal with more issues on your system. Instead it is recommended to remove Related Searches Sidebar and Topic Torch as soon as possible.
Manual removal instructions of Related Searches Sidebar
Using Control Panel to remove the main Related Searches Sidebar components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall . On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for Related Searches Sidebar and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing Related Searches Sidebar from Internet Explorer
- Press Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to Related Searches Sidebar and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing Related Searches Sidebar from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Related Searches Sidebar related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing Related Searches Sidebar from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to Related Searches Sidebar. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar , press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
- If you found an extension that can’t be removed from the browser, it has either to be removed from Control Panel or with antimalware programs (like Spyhunter, malwarebytes) or program uninstallers (like RevoUninstaller).