Redshitline Ransomware - How To Remove?
Redshitline ransomware virus also known as firstname.lastname@example.org virus is a dangerous computer infection. You can tell by the name that this virus is classified as ransomware – that means files stored on your computer will be locked and in order to retrieve them, you will be asked to pay a certain ransom. Developers of Redshitline ransomware virus makes money this way. The worst part about this ransomware is that even if you remove it from your computer, encrypted files will stay locked. However, it is mandatory to eliminate Redshitline ransomware virus from your system, because it can infiltrate other malware into your system or cause other cyber security problems.
It is really complicated or even impossible to eliminate Redshitline ransomware virus, if you are not a programmer or advanced cyber security specialist, thus you will need some help from anti-malware software. Please notice that anti-virus software can be helpless in this case and you need powerful anti-malware software, such as Reimage, SpyHunter or Malwarebytes. Simply download one of these applications and scan your computer with it. Either one of them should detect and remove Redshitline ransomware virus right away. If your computer is already infected with other malware, it should detect and remove it as well. You can use other anti-malware software of your choice too.
If you want to learn more about specific features of Redshitline ransomware virus as well as how to recover your encrypted files, please continue reading this article.
About Redshitline ransomware virus
This virus is really tricky because you can’t notice it at first. Once it enters computer, there are no apparent sings of it, only slowed down work of the system and failure to open some of the programs. Redshitline ransomware virus scans the computer looking for files it could encrypt. Then it encrypts various personal files and adds .email@example.com extension to those files, so you can’t open or use them in any other way. And only then (when it’s already too late) you will see a message on your desktop screen that says “Warning, your files and documents on PC are locked. If you want to reset this operation, send one locked file to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org”.
As you can see, Redshitline ransomware virus offers you to send one locked file so they would unlock it and send back to you as a proof, that there is a possibility to decrypt encrypted files. However, if you want to unlock all of your files, you will be asked to pay the ransom in bitcoins.
There are two main reasons why you should not pay the ransom. First of all, by paying the ransom you support cyber criminals and they only grow stronger this way. Secondly, there are no guarantees that your files will be unlocked even if you pay the ransom – you can never trust cyber criminals.
However, there is a way to retrieve encrypted files, but you have to have a valid copy of your hard drive. If you do, simply restore your system to the previous date. Here is the tutorial how to do that: http://www.2-viruses.com/how-to-do-a-system-restore.
Please follow our detailed instructions given below to completely remove Redshitline ransomware virus from your system.
- About Redshitline ransomware virus
- Automatic Redshitline Ransomware removal tools
- How to recover Redshitline Ransomware encrypted files and remove the virus
- Step 1. Restore system into last known good state using system restore
- Step 2. Complete removal of Redshitline Ransomware
- Step 3. Restore Redshitline Ransomware affected files using Shadow Volume Copies
- Step 4. Use Data Recovery programs to recover Redshitline Ransomware encrypted files
- Removal guides in other languages
Automatic Redshitline Ransomware removal tools
How to recover Redshitline Ransomware encrypted files and remove the virus
Step 1. Restore system into last known good state using system restore
1. Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
for Windows 7 / Vista/ XP
- Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- Press F8 key repeatedly until Advanced Boot Options window appears.
- Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
for Windows 8 / 10
- Press Power at Windows login screen. Then press and hold Shift key and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot → Advanced Options → Startup Settings and click Restart.
- When it loads, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list of Startup Settings.
2.Restore System files and settings.
- When Command Prompt mode loads, enter cd restore and press Enter.
- Then enter rstrui.exe and press Enter again.
- Click “Next” in the windows that appeared.
- Select one of the Restore Points that are available before Redshitline@india.com virus has infiltrated to your system and then click “Next”.
- To start System restore click “Yes”.
Step 2. Complete removal of Redshitline Ransomware
After restoring your system, it is recommended to scan your computer with an anti-malware program, like Reimage and remove all malicious files related to Redshitline@india.com virus. You can check other tools here.
Step 3. Restore Redshitline Ransomware affected files using Shadow Volume Copies
If you do not use System Restore option on your operating system, there is a chance to use shadow copy snapshots. They store copies of your files that point of time when the system restore snapshot was created. Usually Redshitline@india.com virus tries to delete all possible Shadow Volume Copies, so this methods may not work on all computers. However, it may fail to do so.
Shadow Volume Copies are only available with Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. There are two ways to retrieve your files via Shadow Volume Copy. You can do it using native Windows Previous Versions or via Shadow Explorer.a) Native Windows Previous Versions
Right-click on an encrypted file and select Properties → Previous versions tab. Now you will see all available copies of that particular file and the time when it was stored in a Shadow Volume Copy. Choose the version of the file you want to retrieve and click Copy if you want to save it to some directory of your own, or Restore if you want to replace existing, encrypted file. If you want to see the content of file first, just click Open.
b) Shadow Explorer
It is a program that can be found online for free. You can download either a full or a portable version of Shadow Explorer. Open the program. On the left top corner select the drive where the file you are looking for is a stored. You will see all folders on that drive. To retrieve a whole folder, right-click on it and select “Export”. Then choose where you want it to be stored.
Step 4. Use Data Recovery programs to recover Redshitline Ransomware encrypted files
There are several data recovery programs that might recover encrypted files as well. This does not work in all cases but you can try this:
- We suggest using another PC and connect the infected hard drive as slave. It is still possible to do this on infected PC though.
- Download Data Recovery Pro (commercial)
- Install and scan for recently deleted files.
Note: In many cases it is impossible to restore data files affected by modern ransomware. Thus I recommend using decent cloud backup software as precaution. We recommend checking out Carbonite, BackBlaze, CrashPlan or Mozy Home.