Politia Romana Virus - How to remove?
Politia Romana virus is a local version of malwares that are known to swindle peoples’ money away by blocking an infected computer and demanding for a fine to be paid. As the name of the virus says it attacks computers in Romania. One more feature common to all this type viruses, e.g. FBI virus, Canadian Police Virus or West Yorkshire Police virus, is using of governmental institutions’ name and emblem to scare people.
Once a computer is infected by Politia Romana virus, its user will not be able to do almost anything with it. After turning a machine on one will see only a screen with camera window. The text explains that your computer is blocked due to any of the reasons and a list of laws related to illegal usage of copyright content is given. You might also be blamed for distribution of child pornography or similar crimes. In order to identify the criminal, a message says, files, videos and pictures of your computer will be used:
Toate operatiunile efectuate prin intermediul computerului dat se înscriu.
În caz dacă folositi camera-web toate fotografiile si video se salvează pentru identificare.
Calculatorul dvs. Este blocat!
Politia Romana virus is distributed using Trojan horses. One can get infected with it after browsing corrupted web pages. The other way to get infection is after downloading malicious files together with freeware and shareware.
Do not believe the message that says Politia Romana virus will be deactivated after you pay 300 RON. It is a scam and it aims at tricking your money away from you. Because prepaid payment systems are used to collect money, it will be very difficult to trace it back and dispute the charges. Nevertheless, if you already paid 300 RON, contact your credit card bank as soon as possible and try to cancel the payment.
To remove Politia Romana virus from your computer, you should perform these steps:
- Restart your computer; press F8 while it is restarting;
- Choose safe mode with networking;
- Launch MSConfig;
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;
- Restart the system once again.
- Scan with http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe to identify file and delete it.
If you cannot launch your computer in safe mode, try using a short gap before a warning screen is on to run anti-malware programs. Then do this:
- Reboot normally.
- Enter http://2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe . If malware is loaded, just press alt+tab once and keep entering the string blindly. Press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R couple times. Politia Romana virus should not be loaded any more.