Perk Redirect Virus - How to remove?
Perk Redirect Virus is a browser hijacker that is added to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while downloading some other programs. Usually it enters your system when you are installing free players, PDF creators, etc. These programs often suggest adding additional applications to your computer and if you miss this step during the installation, they will be downloaded to your computer automatically. Once inside, Perk Redirect Virus causes numerous redirects, it replaces your homepage and search engine to search.perk.com
Perk claims to be a program that helps you to earn points when you are shopping online or just browsing the Internet and then turn your points into gift cards or even cash. The application is designed by Jutera Labs and it is powered by Blekko. Despite all nice promises, pay attention that the program mostly gets to computers using unfair methods and for this reason it is listed as an unwanted application.
Perk Redirect Virus does not damage your computer directly. Mainly it causes redirections to some sponsored websites and search.perk.com. As already mentioned it changes you homepage and search engine without your permission. As you understand, these activities make your work much more difficult: it consumes your time and becomes very annoying as you cannot do anything your system without being disturbed. You should also know that Perk Redirect Virus can redirect you to some infected websites where you can give access to malware programs to infiltrate into your system.
Remove Perk Redirect Virus immediately after detecting its traces on your computer. After removing all its entries, don’t forget to fix your browser settings manually. In order to remove this browser hijacker, go to Start -> Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” on Programs area. Look for any components of Perk Redirect Virus on a list of programs and uninstall them. Depending on what browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Perk Redirect virus from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Perk Redirect virus and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
You are also recommended to scan your computer using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter. Don’t forget upgrading it to its latest version to guarantee that all threats will be gone.