Pageset.com - How to remove?
Pageset.com is a browser hijacker that changes your browser setting which lead to many unwanted actions to happen on your computer. The program changes your homepage and default search engine to Pageset.com and it opens this website each time you open a new tab on your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
At first sight, Pageset.com may look like a normal search engine. And even though it’s annoying to have these changes in your system, at first users may try using this website. You should know that using this search engine may bring you some problems. First of all, Pageset.com can collect information about your browsing habits: your search queries, most visited websites, even your sensitive information that you enter online, like your usernames and passwords. As you know, if this information leaks to third parties, it will pose risk to your privacy.
What is more, Pageset.com can redirect you to unknown websites where your computer can get infected. Besides, if you make a search using this website, you will see that the search results will include lots of sponsored websites. Basically, the website is trying to boost traffic to specific websites. However, for the user it brings some inconveniences.
Remove Pageset.com browser hijacker as soon as you notice it on your system. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Pageset.com listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Pageset.com from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).