Oyodomo Virus - How To Remove?
Oyodomo virus is a program that modifies your browser settings and causes lots of pop ups to appear on your computer while you are browsing the Internet. It also constantly redirects you to Oyodomo.com. It can affect all popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The program infiltrates to computers without users’ consent. Usually it comes bundled with other programs that you can get from the Internet for free.
Oyodomo.com, that replaces your default search provider without your permission, looks very similar to Google search page. Its design is only slightly different from the popular search tool. You might easily get tricked to think it is the same Google just modified a bit for its layout to represent some special day or occasion. In fact, it’s an unwanted application that causes annoying activity on your computer.
The worst part about Oyodomo virus is that it contains rootkit and Trojans which can track your online activity and get access to your sensitive data, such as bank account details and your passwords. This data can be easily sent to the remote server and it can be used against you. In addition, Oyodomo virus causes bunch of redirects that are not only annoying but put your computer at risk of getting infected in case it redirects you to some malicious website.
It is highly recommended to remove Oyodomo virus as soon as you detect its traces on your system. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall Oyodomo from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Oyodomo listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Oyodomo from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).