OurWorld Toolbar - How to remove?
OurWorld Toolbar is a browser hijacker that is distributed through Trojan viruses and badly affects users’ browsing experience. The program changes settings of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. It alters your homepage and default search provider to search.conduit.com. It is not the first toolbar that promotes this search engine and all of them are known to cause many problems for computer users.
First of all, it is very annoying to have all these changes done without your permission. OurWorld Toolbar doesn’t provide very accurate search results. It includes tons of sponsored websites in order to promote them and also causes redirections while you are browsing the Internet. Additionally, it displays various ads which are also very disturbing and may reroute you to malicious pages.
OurWorld Toolbar is considered to be a potentially unwanted program because of the way it infiltrates into computers. It is also known to be able to record your browsing activities and send it to the third parties. This way OurWorld Toolbar poses risk to your privacy and also brings new dangers for your computer’s security.
Remove OurWorld Toolbar as soon as you notice it on your browser. First, remove it from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list . It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of it installs software that block browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove OurWorld Toolbar from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the OurWorld Toolbar from the list
How To remove OurWorld Toolbar from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove OurWorld Toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic OurWorld Toolbar removal tools
Manual OurWorld Toolbar removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove OurWorld Toolbar, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other OurWorld Toolbar infected files and get help in OurWorld Toolbar removal by using Spyhunter scanner.