Netmahal - How to remove?
Netmahal is a browser hijacker that can be installed to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser. As soon as it’s installed to your system, your homepage will be changed to netmahal.com and your search provider will be altered to search.netmahal.com. This is the very first symptom that you can notice on your computer. And although at first sight these changes are just annoying, Netmahal can bring some security related issues too.
The program infiltrates into random computers bundled with other applications. This is a very popular way to promote new programs and it’s not a really fair one. Although a program is not a malware, it should warn you about being installed to your system. However, there is one way to avoid installing programs like Netmahal. You have to be careful while installing other applications from the Internet and follow the steps of installation. Usually you are able to deselect unwanted components and this is the time to refuse installing programs like Netmahal.
If you already got it on your computer, you should be aware that this hijacker is able to track your browsing activity and even reveal your passwords. For this reason it is not very safe to keep it. Moreover, it is very annoying as it constantly causes redirects and adds a bunch of sponsored websites to your search results. Remove Netmahal from your computer straight after detecting it on your computer. Follow the steps below for quick and easy removal:
- Try uninstalling Netmahal. You should go to Control Panel Add and Remove Programs list, locate the application there and remove it. If you do not see Netmahal, use Spyhunter, it will detect any browser hijackers and adware that might have come with Vizvaz.com or might have been hidden/saved under another name. Additionally, hijackers might have installed software that prevents browser settings from being changed. Such software ranges from legitimate on to trojan – based only. Make sure you scan your PC with anti-malware programs or your browser settings might revert to hijacked ones
- Check if there is no Vizvaz.com left among browser extensions:
- For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Look for Netmahal and disable these entries.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Netmahal, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” -> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to Netmahal, disable them.
- If your home page is still Netmahal.com, remove it manually:
- For Internet Explorer go to Tools ->Internet Options. Remove Netmahal.com and replace it with your preferred webpage.
- For Google Chrome click on the Customize icon -> Settings. Click Set Pages under the startup. Remove Netmahal.com and replace it with your preferred webpage.
- For Mozilla Firefox go to Tools -> Options (or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options). Under the General tab remove wwwnt.vizvaz.com and replace it with your preferred home page.
- If your search engine is still search.netmahal.com, reset it to the one you prefer:
- For Internet Explorer go to Tools -> Manage Add Ons -> .Search Providers, Select Google or bing as default engine and remove the search.netmahal.com search engine from the list.
- For Google Chrome go to the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) -> Settings -> Manage search engines -> select a new search engine as the default one -> click X next to search.netmahal.com to remove it.
- For Mozilla Firefox, click on the search magnify glass icon near the search box, click Manage Search Engines. Remove the search.netmahal.com from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking Remove. Alternatively, you might have to perform these steps:
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
If you did not scan your computer with Spyhunter in the first step, it is recommended to perform a full system scan after all the steps are completed. It will ensure all the remains of Netmahal are removed as well as any viruses that might have infected your system while this browser hijacker was active.
Automatic Netmahal removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Netmahal removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Netmahal, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Netmahal infected files and get help in Netmahal removal by using Spyhunter scanner.