Nek.makemac.net popup - How to remove?
Nek.makemac.net popups are annoying messages that appear when you browse using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. They usually notify that in order to proceed with a website, you have to download Java. Sometimes the popup can imitate an update notification or a lottery-winning alert. Despite what it says, you should never click on Nek.makemac.net popup, because it actually hides a download of some potentially unwanted program or just tries to redirect you to some websites and increase their traffic.
If you wonder why Nek.makemac.net popup is displayed, it is a consequence of adware infiltration into your computer. If you have recently installed any freeware from the Internet, like music player, video players, PDF creator, etc., it is very likely that an adware was installed together with them. Sometimes adware programs can be added if you click on a malicious link or an ad. Computer users should pay more attention to their security while browsing the Internet.
It is recommended to remove adware from your computer if you have noticed any notifications using Nek.makemac.net domain. It’s a malicious program that can interfere into your computers security an even pose risk to your privacy. A lot of adware a related to the third parties which can try to track your browsing behavior and involve you into marketing related projects. Follow the guide provided below and remove Nek.makemac.net popup once it interferes into your browsing.
Using Control Panel to remove the main Nek.makemac.net popup) components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall . On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for Nek.makemac.net and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing Nek.makemac.net popup from Internet Explorer
- Press on the Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to Nek.makemac.net and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing Nek.makemac.net popup from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Nek.makemac.net related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing Nek.makemac.net popup from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to Nek.makemac.net. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
If you found an extension that can’t be removed from the browser, it has either to be removed from Control Panel or with antimalware programs (like Spyhunter, malwarebytes) or program uninstallers (like RevoUninstaller).