Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus - How to remove?
Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus is a ransomware program released by cyber criminals who are seeking to get money from random computer users. This type of programs spread on the Internet for a while already and this is just one more designed to continue this activity. The program blocks your computer completely and blames you for some illegal activity.
Basically, Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus states that you have been violating Copyright and Related Rights Law and illegally using or distributing copyrighted content. The message also tells you to pay a fine of 100 euros which should be done within 48 hours otherwise the possibility of unlocking your computer will expire. In fact, the program only wants to create confusion and give you little time to explore what Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus actually is. Besides, it completely locks the system so you cannot run any of your legitimate programs. All you see is one message on your computer screen which looks like this:
Attention! All data on your hard drive is encrypted. To avoid data loss do not try to restore, reinstall your Operating system or unlock it manually.
You have been violating Copyright and Related Rights Law (Torrent, Video, Music, Software) and illegally using or distributing copyrighted content.
This fine may only be paid within 48 hours, if you let 48 hours pass without payment, the possibility of unlocking your computer expires.
Do not fall for this scam. Metropolitan Police Total Policing Virus is just one more variant of Ukash viruses and it must be removed once detected. Although the name of police and the message itself look convincing, do not trust every statement so easily. Ignore this message and remove Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus from your system as soon as you detect it on your computer. Have a look at our removal instructions below this article which will help you to eliminate this infections from your computer quickly and easily:
1. Restart your computer, press F8 while it is restarting
2. Choose safe mode with networking
3. Launch MSConfig
4. Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;
5. Restart your computer again.
7. Scan with http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe to find the file and remove it.
If you cannot use Safe Mode, try rebooting into safe mode with command prompt. Here are steps how to do it:
- Reboot into safe mode with command prompt. Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus should not be launched this time.
- Run regedit. Search for Winlogon.
- There will be a key labeled Shell under Winlogon. It should refer to Explorer.exe or be blank. If there is something else referring an executable in one of users folders, replace it with explorer.exe.
- Save changes, reboot to safe mode with networking.
- Run msconfig and disable all unnecessary startup entries. You should be able to reboot normally.
- Install and run http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe. Scan with it the PC and delete Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus executables it finds.
Automatic Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus infected files and get help in Metropolitan Police Total Policing virus removal by using Reimage scanner.