Mega Browse - How To Remove?
Mega Browse is an adware programs that displays tons of ads on infected computers. The application is installed bundled with other software without clearly informing about it. If you want to prevent such applications to be added to your computer, you have to pay more attention to the installation processes of various freeware. Always follow every installation step and if you see any already selected confirmation boxes next to an offer to download another program, make sure you deselect them.
If your computer was already affected by Mega Browse, you will see lots of ads when you browse the Internet. They are mainly displayed on shopping websites, for example, Ebay, Amazon, Walmart and so on. Mega Browse ads contain coupons, discounts and other offers to purchase certain products or get services cheaper. Even though some people may find these messages useful, they are actually trying to redirect computer users to several sponsored websites and make affiliate revenue.
What is more, Mega Browse adware collects information about your browsing habits, mainly, about what websites you are visiting and what searches you are making. Later on this data can be sent to the third parties and used for further advertising campaigns. As already mentioned, Mega Browse comes bundled with free programs. Many users have noticed its activity after installing DVDX Player 3.2, Fast Free Converter, Video Media Player 1.1 and Youtube Downloader HD.
Remove Mega Browse adware straight after detecting its ads. Use Reimage, SpyHunter, hitman or other legitimate tool that you trust and run a full system scan. They will eliminate these annoying messages easily. Don’t forget to upgrade your antispyware to its newest version to ensure detection and removal of the most recent unwanted programs.
Using Control Panel to remove the main Mega Browse components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 open Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall . On Windows 8 enter Control Panel in the search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for Mega Browse and /or similar looking items on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing Mega Browse from Internet Explorer
- Press Wench icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to Mega Browse and items you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the Options.
Removing Mega Browse from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything Mega Browse related and items you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Then Reset Firefox.
Removing Mega Browse from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs you do not need, especially similar to Mega Browse. If unsure, you can disable them temporarily.
- Restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar , press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.