MediaPlayerEnhance - How To Remove?
MediaPlayerEnhance is an adware that can affect your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome broswers. It is recognized by constant appearance of popup messages marked as Ads by MediaPlayerEnhance. If you have noticed them on your computer, you should definitely consider removing this adware as it can cause serious problems.
MediaPlayerEnhance is installed by other applications without properly disclosing about this download. It doesn’t require a separate user’s authorization to be installed and the only way to avoid it is to be more careful with the programs you are getting from the Internet. We always recommend choosing Custom installation and following every step to see what you are agreeing on when downloading any freeware. If you skip the steps, all programs that come bundled to the main software will be installed to your computer automatically.
If you have already been affected by this intrusive program, be ready to see tons of ads all the time when you surf the Internet. Most of the Ads by MediaPlayerEnhance suggest getting discounts to purchase various items on the Internet. They also contain links to sponsored websites, so if you click on them, you will help the creators of this adware to make some affiliate revenue. This is not a fair marketing, and you should remove MediaPlayerEnhance as soon as you detect it.
Manual removal instructions of MediaPlayerEnhance
Using control panel to remove the main MediaPlayerEnhance components and installers
- Go to control panel. on Windows XP/Vista/7: Start -> Control Panel , Add/Remove Programs. On Windows 8: Enter Control Panel in search box, then look for Uninstall a program. You may need to confirm that you are administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing MediaPlayerEnhance from Internet Explorer:
- Press gear icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Go through Toolbars and extensions. Remove the ones you do not know that are made by anyone else and not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close the options.
Removing MediaPlayerEnhance from Firefox:
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove the ones you do not recognise. If you do not know the extension and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, disable or remove it.
- Optionally, Reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> troubleshooting Information -> Reset Firefox.
Removing MediaPlayerEnhance from Chrome:
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove items you do not need. You can disable them temporarily too.
- Restart chrome.
- Optionally, you can enter chrome://settings in URL bar, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.