Lucky Leap - How To Remove?
Lucky Leap is an adware application that displays pop up messages with various coupons and discount codes while you are browsing the Internet. Usually these messages appear when you are visiting some shopping websites like Amazon, eBay, Feelunique and so on. You may think such pop ups may even be useful while purchasing something. However, the truth is Lucky Leap is an annoying program that can not only disturbs your daily work with computer but might also lead to serious malware infections when redirecting to malicious websites.
The goal of this adware is to make money by generating traffic to certain websites and advertise certain products or services. However, the methods it uses are not very fair. Once Lucky Leap gets inside the computer, you will experience tons of redirections to unknown websites which is not only annoying but it can also be a source of infection. Not to mention that constant flow of ads is very disturbing.
Lucky Leap might be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. It happens during the time you are installing some other program, like music players, download managers and so on. All you have to do to avoid such adware infiltrating into your system is to follow installation steps carefully instead of skipping them and remove check boxes for any unfamiliar programs that would be added to your computer by default.
To remove Lucky Leap from your computer, go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see Lucky Leap listed, you should use antimalware tools like SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove Lucky Leap from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note, it is very important to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware program after Lucky Leap is removed as it might be your system got infected with viruses while having it.
Automatic Lucky Leap removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Lucky Leap , such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.