LinkSwift - How to remove?
LinkSwift is an adware program that is responsible for displaying various links with coupons on the infected browsers. It can be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It displays popups when you visit such websites like Facebook, eBay, Walmart, Amazon and other popular ones. Basically, it offers various coupons and discounts for different products or services.
In fact LinkSwift is not as useful as it may look from the first sight. The true aim of this program is to make money by creating traffic to advertised websites and collecting clicks on affiliate links. The messages by LinkSwift contain links to various websites and once you press on them, you will be rerouted. It is very annoying to have this program on your system as your work will be constantly interrupted by messages appearing out of nowhere and constant redirections.
You can avoid installing LinkSwift adware, if you pay attention to the installation wizard steps when adding any free programs from the Internet. Usually you can see what other applications are bundled during installation of the main program. Deselect any options to install unfamiliar programs and you will not have to deal with such applications as well as avoid many inconveniences while browsing the Internet.
To remove LinkSwift, go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see it listed, you should use antimalware tools like SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove LinkSwift from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note, it is very important to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware program after LinkSwift is removed as it might be your system got infected with viruses while having it.