Lightspark Player Pro Popup - How to remove?
LightSpark Player Pro popup is a browser window that tries to convince you into downloading and (possibly) paying for various malware. It usually uses DownloadDino.com domain. The popup might be displayed once you click on any link on popular websites like Amazon, Walmart or Google search results. It is a ruse to convince that you need to install other software for watching some sort of content.
LightSpark Player Pro Pop up states rhe following:
Please Install LightSpark Player pro to Continue (Required)
-Superior HD Video performance with hardware acceleration of video
-Support for full screen mode with multiple monitors
Faster graphics rendering support with Internet Explorer 9
Bug Fixes and security enhancements
Updating takes under a minute on broadband – no restart is required.
It is funny to note that the popup speaks about IE 9 performance which is outdated IE version and not the one I used for the test.
The actual LightSpark (open source free SWF player) has little to do with this scam. Additionally, the link that brings to this page does not have a content that requires any flash player at all.
We have tracked LightSpark Player Pro popup virus scam to Media Enhance, Key Coupons adware and Feven adwares. They might be used to display potentially dangerous content to PC owners and make money without any scruples as long as malware makers pay for them. This shows the reason why such adware is very dangerous. The scam uses nod.coreopti.net domain for displaying the advertisements.
If you notice LightSpark Player Pro virus popups, I recommend scanning with good anti-malware programs first, such like (Spyhunter, malwarebytes). Then, remove adware components from Control Panel and your browser extensions.
Full LightSpark Player Pro popup removal guide
Using Control Panel to remove the main LightSpark Player Pro components and installers
- Go to Control Panel. On Windows XP/Vista/7 go to Start -> Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. On Windows enter Control Panel in the search box. You may need to confirm that you are the administrator on this PC, in both cases.
- Look for Feven, MediaEnhance and /or other related programs on the list of programs. By default, I recommend removing Yontoo, WebCake, anything “savings” or “coupon” related. Scanning with Anti-Malware programs like Spyhunter or Stopzilla might give a good idea of what programs you should remove from there as well.
- Close Control Panel.
Removing LightSpark Player Pro popups from Internet Explorer
- Click on gear icon->Manage Add-ons.
- Check Toolbars and extensions. Remove everything related to Feven, MediaEnhance and other plugins you do not know that are made not by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle or Adobe.
- Close The Options.
Removing LightSpark Player Pro popus from Firefox
- Enter about:addons in URL field.
- Go through Extensions and Addons list, remove everything related to Feven, MediaEnhance and ones you do not recognise. If the extension is not familiar to you and it is not made by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe probably you do not need it.
- Optionally, reset Firefox: go to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information -> then Reset Firefox.
Removing LightSpark Player Pro popups from Chrome
- Enter chrome://extensions in url field.
- Go through extensions list and remove programs related to Feven. If unsure, you can disable them temporally.
- Restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you can go to chrome://settings, press Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the list and press Reset browser settings.
Automatic Lightspark Player Pro Popup removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Lightspark Player Pro Popup removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Lightspark Player Pro Popup, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Lightspark Player Pro Popup infected files and get help in Lightspark Player Pro Popup removal by using Reimage scanner.