LemurLeap - How To Remove?
LemurLeap is an adware program that was designed in order to display messages with various coupons and discounts. The program may look like quite useful one, but unfortunately, these messages bring more inconveniences than benefits. Coupons by LemurLeap mostly appear on websites of electronic stores, like Amazon, eBay and so on. However, they have been also noticed on other popular pages, like Youtube, or social networks like Facebook.
LemurLeap can be installed to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, which means it covers a big part of computer users. It is added together with a variety of free software, like PDF creators, video players and similar applications. Users usually do not notice its infiltration. If you click on LemurLeap messages, you will be immediately redirected to various unfamiliar pages. This can be very annoying and it interrupts your normal work with computer, slows down your PC performance and increases a risk of getting infected while visiting these unknown websites.
LemurLeap is not a virus, but it is interfering with users’ activities, so many people think it is a one. In addition to being annoying, the program also tracks your online behavior while you are browsing the Internet. It seeks to get data about what information you are looking for on the web and what your most visited websites are. These records can be useful for the third parties, especially those that want to use it for targeted advertising campaigns.
Remove LemurLeap from your computer once you detected its messages appearing on your browser. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see it listed, you should use antimalware tools like SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove LemurLeap from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note, it is very important to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware program after LemurLeap is removed as it might be your system got infected with viruses while having it.
Automatic LemurLeap removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove LemurLeap, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.