KeyBar Toolbar - How To Remove?
KeyBar Toolbar is another malicious program that was designed by Conduit Ltd, which has released a bunch of similar applications recently. It is an adware that may look like a safe tool, but in fact it bring many problems to the user of infected computer. KeyBar Toolbar is usually bundled with free applications and installed to computers without a user’s approval. It claims that it may provide a quick access to various services, like Weather, Radio, Social Networks and so on.
KeyBar Toolbar might be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. Once inside the application modifies your browser settings and changes your start page as well as default search provider to its own. Many users find it very annoying as they no longer can browse the way they were used to. Moreover, KeyBar Toolbar doesn’t provide the same search results as popular search engines like Google would. Instead it includes many sponsored links in the list it displays. This way it increases the traffic to the websites it promotes. Alas, for the user such search results do not guarantee she got what she inquired about.
KeyBar Toolbar can also track your browsing activity and even see your usernames and passwords. As you know, this information can be sold to the third parties which is another reason not to trust this toolbar’s special features. You should be very cautious when it comes to downloading freeware applications. Beware that usually they contain additional programs that will be installed to your system without even warning you about it.
You should remove KeyBar Toolbar from your system as soon as you detect its first steps on your computer. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see KeyBar Toolbar listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove KeyBar Toolbar from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).