Internet Security Protection - How to remove?
Internet Security Protection is a rogue antivirus program that is another version of Internet Security fake antivirus. The program enters computers without user’s knowledge by employing Trojan viruses. This way, it ensure that the user will not detect the program at the stage of infiltration. Internet Security Protection seeks to convince computer users that their system is at risk.
The application uses a fake scanner which imitates looking for threats on the system. It only imitates system scan for a couple of minutes and after that displays fake scan results. Internet Security Protection reports about a bunch of threats that are supposedly harming your system. It also suggests removing them for a fixed price. In fact the program just wants to get some money from you.
What is more, Internet Security Protection blocks your legitimate programs which means that you will not be able to use any of them, not even your security tools. The reason why they are blocked is not only to make your computer situation look worse but also to protect Internet Security Protection from being removed. To scare you even more, the program tends to display security notifications and pop up ads on your computer screen warning about various errors, spyware, etc.
Remove Internet Security Protection as soon as you detect it on your computer. Removing this rogue antivirus is not an easy task because it blocks you from downloading anything from Internet to ensure you will not install antimalware applications that you can get online. Below you can find detailed steps how to remove this malicious threat:
- Stop Internet Security Protection processes (without doing it you will not be able to launch any anti-malware program or download it from Internet). Try the following:
- Press Start->Run. Enter taskkill /F /IM itdefender.exe in the field and press enter. Repeat this step several times, till malware window closes. (depending on the version of a malware, you might also need to use taskkill /F /IM amsecure.exe, taskkill /F /IM isecurity.exe or taskkill /F /IM indefender.exe).
- Another way to stop malware processes is by pressing ctrl+shift+esc. The command will open task explorer. Normally the latter should be killed by Internet Security Protection malware. However, if you are quick enough to press “End program” button while your PC is busy, you can kill malware process too. Please note that this method is not the most reliable one.
- Scan your PC using more than one anti-malware program in order to identify infected files, for example Spyhunter or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. These are paid programs therefore for removing the threat you will have to purchase them. You may also try a manual removal without purchasing a program since it gives the location of the infection but the latter method is recommended only if you have enough knowledge about computers not to delete important system files.
- Remove Malware startup entry by launching msconfig and unchecking the malware process from startup list.
Below is a video guide illustrating how to complete all of the Internet Security Protection removal steps:
Automatic Internet Security Protection removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Internet Security Protection, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.