How to remove Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus
Federal Department of Justice and Police virus is a ransomware program that targets computers located in Germany and all other users using Windows in German. It appears on the system as a fake message that claims your IP address is included into the black list of IPs doing some illegal activities. These activities include visiting malicious websites that contain pornographic content or using or distributing some copyrighted content. Federal Department of Justice and Police virus claims that you must pay a fine that in order to get your computer unblocked.
You may have heard about this type of infections already as at the moment there is entire family of Ukash viruses spreading on the Internet. This kind of infections have become really popular lately and they attack computer users hiding under various names of police institutions. They get into system via Trojan infections. Computer users are usually targeted while they are visiting some malicious websites. Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus can also come bundled with some other software.
As you understand the message of Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus comes in German. Here is how a part of it looks like:
Federal Department of Justice and Police
Ein Vorgang ilegaler Aktivitaten erkannt!
Das Betriebssystem wurde im Zusammenhang mit Verstossen gegen die Gesetze der Bundesrepublik Deutschland gesperrt! Es wurde folgender Verstoss festgestellt: Ihre IP-Adresse lautet: “” mit dieser IP wurden Seiten mit pornografischen Inhalt, Kinderpornographie, Sodomie und Gewalt gegen Kinder aufgerufen.
Auf Ihrem Computer wurden ebenfalls Videodateien mit pornografischen Inhalt, Elementen von Gewalt und Kinderpornografie festgestellt. Es wurden auch Emails in Form von Spam, mit terrroristischen Inhalten, verschickt. Diese Sperre dient dazu, Ihre illegalen Akticitäten zu unterbinden.
If you have received this message on your machine and your computer is completely blocked, you can be sure that Federal Department of Justice and Police virus is on your computer. Do not trust this scam application. Don’t pay anything for that. Police would never ask you to pay any fine using Paysafecard payment system and that is the method Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus asks you to use. Remove Federal Department of Justice and Police virus once you get infected.
Follow these steps if you got infected:
1. Restart your computer, press F8 while it is restarting
2. Choose safe mode with networking
3. Launch MSConfig
4. Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;
5. Restart your computer again.
7. Scan with http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe to identify the file and remove it. Here is a video guide, showing how to perform all the steps:
If you cannot use Safe Mode, try rebooting normally. You may be able to run your antimalware for a short period of time. If you can do it, follow these steps.
- Reboot into safe mode with command prompt. Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus should not be launched this time.
- Run regedit. Search for Winlogon.
- There will be a key labeled Shell under Winlogon. It should reference Explorer.exe or be blank. If there is something else referring an executable in one of users folders, replace it with explorer.exe.
- Save changes, reboot to safe mode with networking.
- Run msconfig and disable all unnecessary startup entries. You should be able to reboot normally.
- Install and run http://www.2-viruses.com/downloads/spyhunter-i.exe. Scan with it the PC and delete Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus executables it finds.
Here is a video guide illustrating this virus removal method:
Automatic Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus removal tools
Manual Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus infected files and get help in Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus removal by using Spyhunter scanner.