FaceSmooch virus - How to remove?
What is FaceSmooch virus?
FaceSmooch virus is an adware that is distributed through free downloads from the Internet. The program is created by Conduit Ltd. Although you can download Facesmooth browser add-on for Facebook emoticons from its official websites, the adware is not downloaded from there. Usually it is bundled with other software and enters your system while you are downloading something else.
Although FaceSmooch virus is not a malware application and it doesn’t harm your system badly it is still categorized as an unwanted program . First of all, it doesn’t warn user about its infiltration, second, it changes your homepage and default search engine without your permission (usually to search.conduit.com). These things are very annoying especially if you are used to have some specific website as your homepage, for example, because that is the first website you want to visit every time you use your computer. Having your search engine changed is not really pleasant either, especially because this kind of search engines do not always provide very accurate search results and focus on displaying sponsored websites.
Moreover, FaceSmooch virus downloads one more program to your system, called TuneUp Utilities 2013. It is a computer optimizer that should increase your computer performance. However, the real abilities of this application are not very well known. Finally, you are recommended to remove FaceSmooch virus from your computer as it doesn’t provide any useful services and only disturbs your work. Follow the steps below to uninstall FaceSmooch virus from your computer and fix your browser settings:
- Scan your computer using antimalware program that removes adware and browser hijackers, for example, Spyhunter.
- Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs -> Check is there are any unfamiliar applications related to FaceSmooch. If you see any, remove them. It is also recommended to remove any other applications installed on the same day.
- Remove the toolbar from all of Internet browsers:
- o For Internet Explorer: Go to “Tools” (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), -> “Manage Add-ons”. Search for FaceSmooch. If you find any entries, disable them.
- o For Google Chrome: Click on the wrench or bars icon on the top right of the screen; go to “Tools”-> “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to FaceSmooch, click on a trash can icon next to them.
- o For Mozilla Firefox: Go to “Tools” -> “Add-ons” ->; “Extensions”. If you see any extensions related to FaceSmooth, disable them.
- Check if your home page and default search engine are changed to the one you always used. If you see any unfamiliar addresses, replace it with your own, e.g. google.com.
Automatic FaceSmooch virus removal tools
Manual FaceSmooch virus removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove FaceSmooch virus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other FaceSmooch virus infected files and get help in FaceSmooch virus removal by using Spyhunter scanner.