Eseeky.com - How to remove?
Eseeky.com is a browser hijacker that looks like a reliable search engine. It can be installed to random computers bundled with free software that is available on the Internet. Although it is possible to refuse installing Eseeky.com during the installation of the main software, quite often users skip many steps of the installation just to make it quicker and this way they end up getting additional unwanted programs.
Once inside, Eseeky.com changes your homepage and default search provider. It causes constant redirect to unknown websites and badly disturbs your work on the Internet. The program can also track your browsing activities and send this information to the third parties. Later it can be used for marketing purposes and you will experience even more annoying consequences.
It is not recommended to keep Eseeky.com on your system as it will only bring you problems. If you have noticed it on your computer, make sure you remove it as soon as possible. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstalling it from there. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well.
You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see Eseeky.com, you should use antimalware tools like Reimage, SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove Eseeky.com from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Eseeky.com removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Eseeky.com removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Eseeky.com, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Eseeky.com infected files and get help in Eseeky.com removal by using Reimage scanner.