DomalQ - How to remove?
What is DomalQ?
DomalQ is an adware program that can badly affect activity of your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The application displays tons of ads while your browser is open. The purpose of this program is to promote various websites, services and offers which in fact is very annoying and it badly disrupts your activity online.
You will experience tons of redirections to unknown websites if you click on the ads by DomalQ. You may also have your homepage and default search provider changed. These things are very annoying and they don’t allow you to use your computer in an ordinary way. DomalQ badly decreases your computer’s performance and for this reason it is categorized as a potentially unwanted program.
What you should also know is that DomalQ can track your activity online. The program can record your browsing history and even get access to your sensitive information like your login information. This way your passwords can easily be revealed which definitely poses a high risk to your privacy.
Remove DomalQ adware as soon as you detect it on your system. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. Scan with Spyhunter as it identifies such programs quite well. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you do not see DomalQ listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. Uninstalling the program from your computer doesn’t change your search providers, it only stops ads appearing on your computer. You will have to do it manually by yourself. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box.
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
- Remove DomalQ from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
- Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).