Dalesearch Virus - How To Remove?
Dalesearch virus is a browser hijacker that tries to increase traffic and advertise some websites. It’s a program that causes constant redirects to dalesearch.com, changes in your browser settings and bunch of other inconveniences that follow because of these modifications. The program is mainly installed to computers bundled with free software that you can download from the Internet. For this reason it is highly advised to be very careful and always check if the program your are installing contains any additional tools that can be installed automatically.
The main alterations that Dale Search virus makes in the infected systems are these: it changes your homepage, default search page and makes some other modifications in your browser settings. If you try to use another search engine or set other website as your homepage, it can be a difficult task. If you try to make a search using dalesearch.com search engine, you will notice that it includes many sponsored websites to your search results and also displays numerous ads which are very annoying and are probably not even related to your searches.
In addition, Dalesearch virus collects information about your search queries, websites that you are visiting and can even get access to some sensitive information, like your usernames, passwords, etc. Later this data can be sent to the third parties which will most likely use it for marketing purposes. Dale Search is supported by ads which means you will constantly see them popping up on your computer screen. They can also redirect you to some malicious websites where your computer can be easily infected.
It is highly recommended to remove Dale Search virus from your PC as soon as you detect it on your browser. Run a full system scan with a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter and eliminate this badware immediately. After that you will have to set your browser settings manually. Don’t forget changing your homepage and default search engine. Below you can find manual removal instructions of Dalesearch virus:
First, you will have to remove it from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs list . It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Some versions of this virus installs software that block browser settings from changing. To identify them, scanning with Spyhunter or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Then you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How To remove Dalesearch virus from Internet Explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the Dalesearch.com from the list
How To remove Dalesearch from Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
- If the settings revert and scan with anti-malware programs are clean: Close Firefox, open file explorer and enter %AppData% in the address bar. enter user.js in search box. If this file exists, rename it and start Firefox again. You will have to repeat the steps above.
How To remove Dalesearch from Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
- Remove unnecessary search engines from the list.
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Automatic Dalesearch virus removal tools
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Dalesearch virus , such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.