Coupon Matcher - How to remove?
Coupon Matcher is a browser extension that displays coupons on the websites that you are visiting. It was developed by Web Marketing Services LCC. Usually its coupons are shown on well known shopping websites, for example, eBay or Amazon. These messages appear on your system at the most inconvenient moments and they cause redirections to unwanted websites. The program is compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.
The ads by Coupon Matcher offer various deals and discounts which some users can find attractive. However, soon everybody realize how annoying these messages can get. If you click on these pop us, the program will redirect you to various unknown websites. You never know if they contain any infections, so your computer poses a risk of getting more unwanted applications.
What is more, Coupon Matcher collects information about your browsing habits which can include not only the websites you are visiting but also the information that you enter, for example, your login information, passwords, etc. If this data goes to the hands of cyber criminals you may face some very serious consequences.
It is highly recommended to remove Coupon Matcher from your system immediately after detecting it on your computer. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see Coupon Matcher listed, you should use antimalware tools like Spyhunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove Coupon Matcher from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note, it is very important to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware program after Coupon Matcher is removed as it might be your system got infected with viruses while having it.
Automatic Coupon Matcher removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual Coupon Matcher removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Coupon Matcher, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Coupon Matcher infected files and get help in Coupon Matcher removal by using Spyhunter scanner.