How to remove Complete a Quick Survey to Continue Virus
“Please complete a quick survey to continue” is an infection that locks your computer screen by displaying a message forcing you into completing online surveys. This is the main condition for unlocking an infected PC. As in a case of many other ransomware, system does not respond to any commands. Otherwise it is a relatively new type of infections because it does not ask for a ransom like previous ones did. A similar one was Complete an Offer.
Even though it might seem easy to complete a survey and a relatively innocent way of gaining back access to your PC, note that the blocking was developed by cyber criminals. Any information provided on surveys, such as email, phone number, address, etc. will definitely be used for illegal purposes. In some cases the surveys force victims into subscribing for costly mobile services. Never give out your personal information when similar situation arises. An example of the “Complete a quick survey to continue virus” message, you may see is:
Please complete a quick survey to continue!
You’ll have your download in no time! Just complete any survey below with your valid information and the download will unlock.
Thank you for participating in our short survey, and we promise to get you back to your work as quickly as possible. By completing the survey, you aid us in our work to design the perfect personal computer experience, as well as collect funding for our select charities. We truly cannot thank you enough. Once the survey is complete, you will be returned to your previous task and will be opted out of future surveys on similar topics. THANKS!
Please fill in a short survey in order to close this application. You will also be able to use your computer as before. Don’t do this and you’ll see what happens. Thank you for your understanding. Actually do the survey; otherwise I will delete system 32. After you have completed it I assure you it will go away unless you open it again.
“Complete a quick survey to continue” gets infiltrated into a computer using Trojan horses and drive-by downloads. One can get infected after downloading freeware or shareware from untrustworthy sources and after visiting corrupted websites.
The only reliable way to unblock your computer is by using legitimate software and following the guide best suited for the version of “Complete a quick survey to continue” virus.
- Reboot your computer into safe mode.
- Choose to run MSConfig.
- Disable all startup entries, especially those referencing RunDLL.
- Reboot for the second time in a normal mode.
- Scan your system with Spyhunter. It will detect “Complete a quick survey to continue” malicious files and delete them.
- Start PC choosing safe mode with command prompt.
- Run regedit.
- Search for “Winlogon”. It should have an variable named Shell but it might also be any of the below:
- Blank -> leave as it is
- explorer.exe and nothing else -> leave as it is
- explorer.exe and something after the coma ->change to explorer.exe
- References a file in folder, having %TEMP%, %AppData% or user folder in path ->change to explorer.exe.
- Reboot to safe mode. Continue with the Method I.
If the blocking remained even after trying all of the methods above, your computer might be infected with a more complicated version of ransomware. You may also wish to apply these methods or leave a comment below and our support team will answer as soon as possible.