BrowseFox - How to remove?
BrowseFox is an adware that can be added to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. The program displays various pop up messages that contain ads with coupons, discounts and various other offers. BrowseFox ads appear mainly when users are visiting shopping websites. This way the program has more chances that a user will click on a message attracted by an offer given on it.
In fact BrowseFox was designed to make money. The program promotes various websites and this way generates profit to their creators. It also boosts traffic of certain pages. If you click on any of its ads you will be immediately redirected which is very annoying and time consuming. For this reason many users consider BrowseFox a virus. However, it is actually categorized as a potentially unwanted program.
The application can be added to your browser while you are downloading some software. If you follow the steps of installation every time you are getting a new program, you should see if the software has any additional applications bundled with it. You should always refuse installing any programs that you are not aware of.
If BrowseFox is already on your browser, remove it immediately after noticing it there. Go to Control Panel -> Add and Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and remove it from there. If you do not see it listed, you should use antimalware tools like SpyHunter and scan your computer with it. If you had redirecting issues, you might need to reset your home page and search engine to the one you used before:
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box;
- Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, on ie7 click change search defaults;
- Remove BrowseFox from the list.
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page;
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it;
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines;
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list;
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Please note, it is very important to scan your computer with a reliable antimalware program after BrowseFox is removed as it might be your system got infected with viruses while having it.
Automatic BrowseFox removal toolsWe might be affiliated with some of these programs. Full information is available in disclosure
Manual BrowseFox removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove BrowseFox, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Reimage or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other BrowseFox infected files and get help in BrowseFox removal by using Reimage scanner.