How to remove Brothersoft Toolbar
Brothersoft Toolbar is a browser add-on that can hijack Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. It is considered to be an unwanted program as it mostly enters computers bundled with other software. Although you can choose not to download Brothersoft toolbar by unchecking its box at one of the steps of installation, many of us skip many steps of installation to make this process quicker or we don’t even notice what extra programs we are offered to install. Brothersoft Toolbar changes your default search engine and a homepage to search.brothersoft.com or any other that is promoted by this browser add-on as well as ads various shortcuts on your browser.
Once inside, the program will set your homepage to search.conduit.com. Although this website is sponsored by Google, the search results will be modified according to the sponsored links. The program gets very annoying as it doesn’t allow you to use your computer in an ordinary way. The worst part is that you will not be able to uninstall Brothersoft toolbar simply by going to Windows Control Panel as it will still remain in your browsers.
To avoid programs like Brothersoft Toolbar, pay attention to your installations, especially those downloads that you get for free. Always choose Custom Installation so you could control which components are reaching your system. If you installed Brothersoft toolbar accidentally to your computer, you have to follow this removal guide and eliminate it form your system. Go to Start -> Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” on Programs area. Look for anything related to BrotherSoft Toolbar on a list of programs and click of Uninstall/Change button next to it. Depending on what browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Brothersoft from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Brothersoft and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
Finally, run a full system scan using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter. Upgrade it to its latest version before performing system scan.
Automatic Brothersoft Toolbar removal tools
Manual Brothersoft Toolbar removal
Important Note: Although it is possible to manually remove Brothersoft Toolbar, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend using Spyhunter or other tools found on 2-viruses.com.
It is impossible to list all file names and locations of modern parasites. You can identify remaining parasites, other Brothersoft Toolbar infected files and get help in Brothersoft Toolbar removal by using Spyhunter scanner.