Ad.adserverplus.com popup - How to remove?
Ad.adserverplus.com popup is a message that appear on your computer out of nowhere. It is a sign that your computer has been infected with an adware program. It usually gets inside computer bundled with free music or video players, PDF creators and similar free software. Computer users tend to skip many steps of installation and this way end up downloading additional programs, like this adware.
Ad.adserverplus.com popup is considered to be a privacy invasive message. In other words it is a tracking cookie that collects information about your browsing activity. Although in general some cookies may be useful as they are used to remember your user names, passwords and other information in certain websites, some of them are used for a little bit annoying activities. For example, they can track information about what websites you are visiting and later, according to this data, bombard you with personalized ads on your computer.
It is normal that most users are concerned about this personal data collection and may even call Ad.adserverplus.com popup a virus. The truth it is just an unwanted application and you can remove it if you don’t want your personal information to be accessible that easily. Some security experts even advice to remove adware programs in order to prevent from unwanted redirections and reduce the risk of getting infected by clicking some malicious links.
If you want to remove Ad.adserverplus.com popup, we recommend following the steps below that will guarantee you do it safely. First of all, go to Start -> Control Panel, click on “Uninstall Program” on Programs area. Look for any components related to Ad.adserverplus.com on a list of programs and uninstall them. Depending on what browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Ad.adserverplus.com from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → Ad.adserverplus.com and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Finally, reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
You are also recommended to scan your computer using a reputable antispyware program, for example, Spyhunter. Don’t forget upgrading it to its latest version to guarantee that all threats will be gone.