22Apple - How To Remove?
22Apple is a browser hijacker that gets access to computer systems through different programs that you download from the Internet. The program modifies settings of your browser, changing your homepage to 22Apple.com and default search engine, as well as causing some other alterations. It’s not that difficult to avoid getting such programs on your system. All you need to do is to be more careful when downloading any other applications and unmark all options to download unknown and unwanted programs. However, many of us tend to install programs as quickly as possible and we often forget to check what extra programs we are offered to downloaded together.
22Apple causes promotional ads to be displayed on your computer. It shows many sponsored links so you can end up visiting various unknown websites. What is more, the program is used to track the information about your browsing habits that can be a reason why later on you receive various offers related to marketing.
Be very careful about what you are agreeing to install and get acquainted with every program before downloading it. You should uninstall 22Apple from your computer using its uninstaller. Remove all components of 22Apple that you will find in the Add/Remove programs list and change the settings of all your browsers manually.
On Internet explorer:
- Click arrow on the right of search box
- Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- Remove the 22Apple.com from the list
On Firefox :
- Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
- Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Finally, you can run a full system scan using a reliable antispyware tool, such as Spyhunter to get rid of any extra components that can cause harm to your computer.